Welcome to the Rifle Police Department Records Division
Here you can obtain various law enforcement-related records.
How to obtain Police Records:
- Records Division Staff are available at the Rifle Police Department between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
- To obtain these records complete a records request form (at the Police Department, or at the linked document below) and present picture identification.
- Please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It may take up to three days to receive these reports.
- There is a fee of $15 for records requests 0.25 cents per page for reports.
Application for Release/Inspection of Criminal Justice Record
- If a prosecution is pending in a County Court, please contact the:
- 9th Judicial District Attorney — 970-945-8635
- If a prosecution is pending in the Rifle Municipal Court, please contact:
- City Prosecutor Timothy Graves -- 970-665-6426
- Accident reports can be obtained through www.crashdocs.org after 10 days of the reported accident.
- You will need the date of the accident and the case number and the last name of an involved party.
- If you have any issues obtaining a report, please contact the Records Division at 970-665-6500
How to get your fingerprints taken:
- Contact IdentoGO to make an appointment to be fingerprinted.
- The Colorado Applicant Background Services (CABS) is the name of the statewide vendor serviced applicant fingerprint-based background check program contracted by the State of Colorado and overseen by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and is being implemented in response to Senate Bill 17-189. For more information about the CABS program, you may visit the CBI Employment Background Check page. Frequently Asked Questions
Sex Offender Registration
- Registration is available at the Rifle Police Department between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding holidays (list of City Holidays).
- No appointment is necessary.