Welcome to the Rifle Police Department Records Division
Here you can obtain various law enforcement related records.
If the front window is not open, please use the blue emergency phone in front of the building, or dial 970-625-8095 if you need a police officer.
How to obtain Police Records:
- Reports are available at the Rifle Police Department between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday excluding holidays (list of City Holidays).
- To obtain these records complete a records request form (at the office, or at the linked document below) and present picture identification.
- Please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It may take up to three days to receive these reports.
- There is a fee of $15 for records request 0.25 cents per page for reports.
Application for Release/Inspection of Criminal Justice Record
- If a prosecution is pending in a County Court, please contact the:
- 9th Judicial District Attorney — 970-945-8635
- If a prosecution is pending in the Rifle Municipal Court, please contact:
- City Prosecutor Angela Roff -- 970-665-6426
- Accident reports can be obtained through www.crashdocs.org after 10 days of the reported accident.
- You will need the date of the accident and the case number and the last name of an involved party.
- If you have any issues obtaining a report, please contact the Records Division at 970-665-6500
How to get your fingerprints taken:
- Contact IdentoGO to make an appointment to be fingerprinted.
- The Colorado Applicant Background Services (CABS) is the name of the statewide vendor serviced applicant fingerprint-based background check program contracted by the State of Colorado and overseen by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and is being implemented in response to Senate Bill 17-189. For more information about the CABS program, you may visit the CBI Employment Background Check page. Frequently Asked Questions
Sex Offender Registration
- Registration is available at the Rifle Police Department between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding holidays (list of City Holidays).
- No appointment is necessary.