Liquor Licensing

Local Authority

The issuance and supervision of liquor licenses is closely regulated by state and local laws. City Council is the "Local Licensing Authority" for all licenses issued within the City of Rifle, and is thus charged with carrying out these State-delegated duties. General information and forms may also be obtained from the Colorado Department of Revenue

Legal Forms

The State requires certain forms to be filled out for different aspects of a liquor license application and for different types of applications. The City Clerk distributes such forms upon request and will provide a checklist and routine information concerning the requirements. The Clerk cannot provide legal advice; therefore, an applicant should consult a private attorney for any legal questions concerning the application.

Each application provides for specific documentation that should accompany it. An applicant should read it, fill it out carefully, and submit it to the City Clerk in one packet with all information required, together with all fees in the appropriate amounts.


Please follow these links for additional information about specific types of applications: