Marijuana Business Licensing

State & Local Regulations

The issuance and supervision of marijuana business licenses is closely regulated by state and local laws. The Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division requires certain forms to be filled out for marijuana business licenses. The City of Rifle requires additional forms and information. City forms are available from the City Clerk. The Clerk cannot provide legal advice; therefore, an applicant should consult a private attorney for any legal questions concerning the application.


Each application provides for specific documentation that should accompany it. An applicant should read the application, fill it out carefully, and submit it to the City Clerk in one packet with all information required, together with all fees in the appropriate amounts.  An application will not be accepted without an appointment with the City Clerk.

Additional Resources

Please follow these links for additional information about specific types of applications: