Bulky Item Pickup (special pickup)
2 items per year, one item twice a year or two items once a year
3rd Wednesday each month
- Refrigerators, Freezers and air conditioning units **Tagged as Freon free
- Metal appliances such as stoves, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, water heaters and furnaces.
- Furniture such as couches, tables, chairs, TV's, beds, mattresses and metal furniture.
- Organics - Lawn trimmings, leaf bags, bundles of small branches/Limbs. Limb guidelines; Max limb diameter 2 in, no longer than 4 ft, bundle diameter no more than 2 ft, Max weight less than 40 lbs.
- Other items such as bathroom fixtures, cabinets, rugs, garage doors, lawn mowers, railroad ties, disassembled swing sets and metal fencing.
- Storm windows and glass panes. To prevent injury, place a large "X" of masking tape across glass. panes to prevent shattering and stack them separately form other bulky items.
- Loose building materials and lumber. As long as specific bundle and bag guidelines are followed: Materials bound in 4 ft x 2 ft bundles that weigh less than 40 pounds will be accepted.
Bulky Item Collection does not accepted
- Construction and demolition materials.
- Commercial or business trash or waste materials, including trash or waste from business conducted in or from a residence.
- Piles of stuff, bags or boxes of smaller items.
- Commercial tree trimming waste.
- Closed drums or fuel tanks, metal drums must have both ends removed to be collected.
- Automobile bodies or gas tanks.
- Tires, batteries or motor oil.
- E-waste, and all hazardous or flammable materials such as paint, stains, paint thinner, and gasoline.
To Schedule a Pick Up on the 3rd WednesdayPlease call City of Rifle at 970-665-6445 and request a item pickup. Please inform the customer service agent with a description of the item(s) and the quantity that you have for pick up. You should schedule your pickup no later than the day prior to service.
Any resident of the City of Rifle needing an additional bulk Item pickup with in the year can contact Mountain Waste at (970) 963-3435. Additional service not included in the fees paid to the City of Rifle will be billed directly by Mountain Waste. See Appendix A
If you wish to haul to the landfill and have question, contact Garfield County Landfill at 970-625-2516 or visit www.garfield-county.com
Mountain Waste Appendix A