City of Rifle - Social Media Use Policy
This policy establishes guidelines for the establishment and use by the City of Rifle of social media sites as a means of conveying City of Rifle information to the public.
City of Rifle - Social Media Sites:
The City of Rifle provides these social media sites as a public service. Please review the policies below for details on our comments and posting policies.
The City of Rifle operates and maintains these social media sites to provide citizens, businesses, and visitors with information about City programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities. This information is intended to offer quick, convenient, and easy access for those wishing to learn about the City of Rifle. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on the application.
The information is provided as a public service, and the City of Rifle assumes no liability for any inaccuracies the application may contain. Neither does the City of Rifle assume any liability for the content, comments, or advertisements posted on this application by external individuals, agencies, or companies. Any external content and/or comments included on the application do not imply endorsement by the City of Rifle. The City of Rifle reserves the right to remove any content that is deemed in violation of our comments policy or any applicable laws. Comments Policy – The City of Rifle welcomes your comments. Because we must abide by certain standards to serve all constituents in a civil and respectful manner, all comments must comply with the guidelines listed below. Any posts that violate our comment policy will be removed from the application and records kept as required. If you encounter objectionable content on this application, please notify the content manager for this application immediately.
- Comments must be topically related to the particular content being commented upon;
- No posts of any unlawful purposes, promotion of illegal activities, or posts that are in violation of the law;
- No posts that contain profanity or obscene content;
- No disclosure of social security numbers, credit card numbers of another person, or any other identifying personal information that could potentially be used to perpetrate identification fraud;
- No posts related to commercial speech (i.e. no solicitations of commerce);
- Posts with links that are suspected of containing a virus will be removed from the application immediately;
- No posts containing information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; and
- No posts that promote or endorse political campaigns or candidates.
Individuals posting comments should be aware that all comments posted on this application are subject to the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA). All commenters who post to any City of Rifle social media applications are bound by the applications’ respective usage agreements pertaining to user rights and responsibilities.
Kathy PototskyPublic Information OfficerPhone: (970) 319-8288
Michael ChurchillCity Multimedia - Manager
Kim BurnerG.R.I.T. / Main Street - Manager
Angela MillsRifle Police dept. - Executive Assistant, & Public Information Officer
Craig SpauldingCivil Engineer
Austin RickstrewParks & Recreation Director
Tommy KleinCity Manager
Get Community News!
Pick and choose what topics you sign up for. Pick between email, text, or both.
- Local Alerts
- Road Construction / Traffic Impacts
- City News & Announcements
- Opportunities for Public / Citizen Input