Due to continued extremely dry and windy conditions, Garfield County has enacted Stage 2 fire restrictions which will remain in place until further notice. Pursuant to Rifle Municipal Code 10-10-40 (e), all fire restrictions issued by Garfield County are applicable in the City of Rifle.
Stage 2 restrictions include:
• Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire, charcoal grill, coal, wood burning stove or sheepherders stove, including in developed camp and picnic grounds. Devices using pressurized liquid or gas are exempted;
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, trailer, building or tent;
• Using an explosive requiring fuse or blasting caps, rockets, exploding targets and tracers or incendiary ammunition;
• Operating a chainsaw without an approved spark arrestor, and without a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher and a round-point shovel with an overall length of at least 35 inches that is readily available for use;
• Welding, or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame except with a current permit, contract or letter of authorization.
Extreme caution is recommended when utilizing anything which may cause a spark or flame.
Media Contact: Kathy Pototsky 970-319-8288