The City of Rifle would like to keep our citizens up to date with local information regarding COVID-19 to help keep you safe and provide you with details regarding Local activities, events, and services.
✔ = NEW / UPDATED / FEATURED information
- This update includes the following:
- ✔ (NEW) Vol. 2 - Video updates from Rifle City Manager - Scott Hahn
- ✔ (UPDATED) Rec Spring Soccer
- ✔ (UPDATED) City Council meetings
- ✔ (NEW) GarCo Fire Restrictions
- ✔ (UPDATED) Lift Up food pantries
- ✔ (UPDATED) Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- ✔ (NEW) Rifle Regional Economic Development Corporation
- ✔ (NEW) Mental Health & Emotional Support
- ✔ (FEATURED) Daily Life & Coping
- ✔ (NEW) Immigrant Services
- ✔ (NEW) Rent, Utilities, Transportation Assistance
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Please, see listed topics-categories below, each including more specific topics within:
- Impacts to City of Rifle Activities & Services
- Notable Impacts to the Rifle Community
- Video updates from Rifle City Manager - Scott Hahn
- Local Food Resources for Citizens
- Business Resources for Economic Impacts
- Other Helpful Local Information
- Referrals to Credible Sources
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
• Impacts to City of Rifle Activities & Services:
The City is following all guidelines dictated by Garfield County and the Garfield County Health Department. The City of Rifle will continue to be available and working for you throughout the duration of this event. However, some activities, events, and services have been canceled or modified. Please see below.
- Core City Services - All core City services, including (but not limited to) Water, Wastewater, Police/Public Safety, Trash, Operations & Maintenance, and Public Works will continue to remain fully operational. The City and its staff are committed to serving you, our citizens, to the greatest extent possible. Staff is available to assist by phone or email. See www.rifleco.org/directory for a department phone list.
- City Parks - City parks remaining open to uses, but all playgrounds will be closed and citizens are reminded to follow orders regarding social distancing.
- City Buildings - All City of Rifle buildings are closed to the public until further notice. Although face to face interactions are not possible at this time, the staff is available to assist you by phone or email. Please contact the department that you are trying to reach directly. www.rifleco.org/directory
- Ute Theater - All events at the Ute Theater have been temporarily suspended. Please check their website or Facebook for updates. utetheater.com or fb.com/NewUteEventsCenter/
- City Recreation Activities - All-City organized recreation activities have been temporarily suspended.
- ✔ (UPDATED) Rec Spring Soccer - Following Governor Polis’s announcement, that the Colorado Stay-at-home order is now extended to April 26th, we regret to inform each of you that we are canceling our Spring Soccer Program. We will be reaching out to each one of our participants directly to process the refund for fees paid. There are a couple of options for a refund; you may choose to keep the balance on your account for future program use or, if you paid with a credit card, we can credit back to your credit card, or refund the payment back to you by check. Please continue to monitor our Parks & Recreation web site and Facebook page, call us at 970-665-6570 or email questions or comments to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ski Bus to Sunlight - The ski bus to Sunlight has been canceled for the remainder of the year.
- ✔ (UPDATED) City Council meetings - Utilizing electronic meeting technologies, Rifle City Council and many other board meetings are still being held at the regular meeting dates & times. Citizens can participate with City Council, either electronically by using the link provided in the Meeting agenda/packet, or by emailing their comments to CitizenComments@RifleCO.org up to two hours before the meeting start time (please, include your mailing address for the record).
- Spring Cleanup Event - The Annual Rifle Spring Cleanup has also been postponed this year. No new date has been chosen at this time, but that information will be posted as soon as it’s available.
- Municipal Court - Rifle Municipal Court will be handling the April 15th docket by telephone. Please contact the Court for further information.
- Utilities & Court Payments Options - Payment drop boxes are available for both court payments and utilities. The boxes for utility payments or other finance department payments are located outside of City Hall near the alley to the north of the building. Payments may also be made online at www.rifleco.org/138/Utility-Billing. Although there is not an online option for payments to Rifle Municipal Court, payments can be made by credit card by calling the court at 970-665-6420. The court also has a dropbox located right next to the main entrance of the Justice Center, 201 East 18th Street.
- Seniors Center & Meal Program - Due to the fact that seniors have been identified as a particularly vulnerable population, all senior activities and events have been canceled. The Garfield County Senior Meal Program is now offering meals at the following locations as a takeout option. Seniors can pick up their lunch at the meal site where their reservations were made. Reservations must be made for all pickup sites by noon the previous day by calling 970-665-6549. The senior meal program is for seniors 60 years and older.
|Rifle||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday||12:00 - 12:30 pickup|
|New Castle||Monday||12:00 - 12:30 pickup|
|Silt||Wednesday||12:00 - 12:30 pickup|
|Parachute||Wednesday||12:00 - 12:30 pickup|
• Notable Impacts to the Rifle Community:
- ✔ (NEW) GarCo Fire Restrictions - Stage 1 fire restrictions were put into place this morning by Garfield County. Pursuant to the Rifle Municipal Code, restrictions put in place by the county apply to the City of Rifle. STAGE 1 means:
- All burn permits are postponed/Canceled until further notice with the issuance of Stage 1 Burn Restrictions.
- Campfires are only allowed within designated fire grates in Developed Areas (i.e. a permanent in-ground containment structure or store bought fire pit). Temporary fire pans and rock campfire rings will not be acceptable.
- No fires of any type including charcoal in Undeveloped Areas.
- No smoking except within a designated area, enclosed vehicle or building, a developed area or in an area free of combustibles
- No use of explosive materials, including “exploding” targets or bullets and tracer rounds
- Exercise common sense and industry safety practice when welding or operation of an acetylene or other similar torch with open flame always cleared safe area of vegetation and combustibles.
- Rifle Rendezvous Canceled - This year’s Rifle Rendezvous event has unfortunately been canceled.
- Temporary Changes at Groceries - You may notice temporary changes at Walmart and City Market including the possibility that the number of guests entering the store may be limited. This is for the safety of all of our citizens. Please abide by the rules set forth by these stores.
- Governor Stay-at-home order - Colorado Governor Jared Polis announced a statewide stay-at-home order beginning on Thursday, March 26 at 6:00 a.m. which will last until April 26, 2020. To read the complete order and the exemptions, please visit www.garfield-county.com/. Stay safe out there.
- Bars and Restaurants Ordered to Close - As you may be aware, Governor Jared Polis has ordered bars and restaurants closed. These businesses still have the option of doing delivery and takeout orders. This is a very difficult situation for small businesses and their employees. The City would like to encourage our citizens to support these businesses by utilizing these services when available. Let’s help our neighbors through this difficult time. You can always take your carryout order to the park and have a picnic!
• Video updates from Rifle City Manager - Scott Hahn:
- ✔ (NEW) Vol. 2 - April 14, 2020:
Or, click here.
O haga clic aquí.
Or, click here.
O haga clic aquí.
• Local Food Resources for Citizens:
- Garfield County Senior Programs
- Visit https://www.garfield-county.com/human-services/senior-nutrition/ If you are unable to use these resources and need assistance to access food, please call Garfield County Senior Programs Manager Judy Martin at 970-665-0041. She may be able to coordinate food delivery to at-risk seniors if required.
- Meals on Wheels New Castle to Parachute 970-625-6423 email@example.com
- ✔ (UPDATED) Lift Up food pantries - Lift Up has free food pick-ups several times every week. Anyone who needs food can receive it. Please drive to the location, and volunteers will put the bags of food in your vehicle.
- Parachute: Thursdays, 2 p.m. at the LIFT-UP Food Pantry – 201 E. First St.
- Rifle: Wednesday & Fridays, 2 p.m. at the Garfield County Fairgrounds, 1001 Railroad Ave.
- New Castle: Wednesdays & Fridays, 2 p.m. at Elk Creek Elementary School Parking Lot, 804 W. Main St.
- 970.625.4496 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Meal Service is being offered in all school districts free for those 0-18 years
- RE2 - https://www.garfieldre2.net/
- District 16 - www.garfield16.org (*The District 16 Family Resource Center is taking calls to help distribute food to residents in need. Please call Claudia Flores Cruz at 970-285 ext 5262 Monday through Thursday. Deliveries to homes are on Fridays.)
- Grace Bible Church offers a monthly food bank in Parachute/ Battlement Mesa. https://aplaceofgracegbc.com/
- Women Infants & Children’s program - The Women Infants and Children’s program serves Pregnant, Post-partum and Breastfeeding Women and Children up to age 5. We continue to offer breastfeeding support and breast pump loans. Please apply at coloradowicsignup.org or call 970-945-6614 x 2020
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP/ Food Stamps) https://www.garfield-county.com/human-services/food-assistance-program/
- Countywide emergency food services - If you have an emergency need for food, Garfield County can help. Please call 970-945-6614 x 2020 (Public Health) Or 970-945-9191 (Department of Human Services).
- List of Rifle restaurants and the services they are currently able to offer:
|Restaurant Name||Phone #||Service|
|Brickhouse Italian||970-625-1222||Delivery or Take Out|
|Capital Deli||970-665-9647||Delivery or Take Out|
|Dickey’s BBQ||970-625-4227||Take Out|
|Domino’s Pizza||970-625-0505||Delivery or Take Out|
|Dunkin/Baskin Robbin||970-665-9001||Drive Through|
|JQ Ice Cream||970-665-9797||Take Out|
|Jalisco Grill||970-510-0470||Delivery or Take Out|
|Lilly’s Kitchen||970-625-0165||Delivery or Take Out|
|Little Ceasars||970-625-0879||Take Out|
|Little Coffee Shack||970-625-5713||Drive Through|
|Los Carnales||970-625-1999||Drive Through|
|Moma’s Ice Cream||970-665-9493||Take Out|
|Nacho’s Mexican||970-625-9998||Take Out|
|Order Up||970-625-1632||Delivery or Take Out|
|Polanka’s||970-945-9220||Delivery or Take Out|
|Rib City||970-625-3333||Delivery or Take Out|
|Sammy’s Steakhouse||970-665-9398||Delivery or Take Out|
|Shanghai Garden||970-625-4430||Delivery or Take Out|
|Shooter’s Grill||970-625-2158||Delivery or Take Out|
|Taco Bell||970-625-1709||Drive Through|
|Thai Chili||970-625-8888||Delivery or Take Out|
• Business Resources for Economic Impacts:
This is an unprecedented time for the business community. We recognize the economic impacts this event is having on our businesses and their employees. Continuing our efforts to communicate as much information and resources, the following are business-specific resources:
- Garfield County - Garfield County has compiled resources available for both businesses and employees who are experience disruption due to COVIC-19 https://www.garfield-county.com/economic-development/economic-impacts-covid-19/
- ✔ (UPDATED) Small Business Development Center (SBDC) - Information for businesses experiencing economic distress due to the spread of COVID-19 is available in the form of consulting, technical assistance, loan assistance recovery strategies and more. Any business experiencing economic disruption can contact Northwest SBDC Director Erin McCuskey at email@example.com or Katie Mackley at Rifle Regional Economic Development Corporation at firstname.lastname@example.org to gain more information. https://northwestsbdc.org/covid-19/ This is specific information for our region of the SBDC. There is also a video that was produced last Friday that is an in-depth tutorial that walks businesses through the loan process and gives much more information than Katie would have been able to. Can we also put this on our website? Erin has given her OK. The video is on the link above under past webinars - NEW How to complete the EIDL application (20-minute video led by expert SBDC consultant Cory Arcarese) https://www.coloradosbdc.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2019/01/CSBDC-Business-Recovery-Guide.pdf
- ✔ (NEW) Rifle Regional Economic Development Corporation - RREDC is a local non-profit organization focused on advancing economic strategies in the Colorado River Valley to drive the development of a diverse and sustainable economy. Please contact Katie Mackley at 970-625-4202 or email@example.com with questions. http://rifleedc.com/
- Small Business Administration (SBA) - Is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of COVID-19. https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources#section-header-2
- The Colorado COVID Relief Fund - The Fund’s purpose is to raise and coordinate the allocation of funds based on prevention, impact and recovery needs of community-based organizations in Colorado. This Fund is organized to ensure that the most acute community needs across the state are being addressed and that community voice is reflected in all funding decisions made over time https://covrn.com/covid-relief-fund/#fund
• Other Helpful Local Information:
- ✔ (NEW) Mental Health & Emotional Support - SUPPORT HOTLINE Mind Springs Health has launched a mental health support line, Monday- Friday 8 am-5 pm. www.mindspringshealth.org, (877) 519-7505
- ✔ (FEATURED) Daily Life & Coping - Learn how you can plan, prepare, and cope with stress before and during a COVID-19 outbreak. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/index.html
- ✔ (NEW) Immigrant Services
- ✔ (NEW) Rent, Utilities, Transportation Assistance - If you need help with rent, utilities, transportation, or other assistance call Reach Out Colorado at 459-0309, or the River Center at 984-4333. The River Center’s main focus is on Silt and New Castle, Apple Tree, but they can also help others as needed.
- 2•1•1, Resources Available For You - Call 211 or visit www.211colorado.org. 2•1•1 Colorado is a confidential and multilingual service connecting people across the State of Colorado virtual resources in the local community. One central location where people can access over 7,500 health and human services resources.
- Regional Hotline for COVID-19 - 970-429-6186. Making sure that you have all the resources necessary regarding the COVID-19 virus. The regional hotline hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., seven days a week.
- myColorado Mobile App - The State of Colorado announced new features in the myColorado mobile app to support Governor Polis’ order to stay at home. Read more by clicking here.
- GarCo Public Health Launches Two New Self-Report Tools for COVID-19. We now have two survey documents available for self-reporting in our community. The first document is only for people experiencing COVID-like symptoms (such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath). The second is a form for everyone in the community, with or without symptoms, to report on the status of your mental health, isolation and social distancing practices. We want to hear from you! https://www.garfield-county.com/public-health/covid-19-testing/
- New Covid19 website - The State has launched a new website found here, covid19.colorado.gov/.
- Technology Tips To Stay Safe - The City of Rifle Information Technology Department would also like to pass on tips to keep in mind while using your computers during this unusual time. There are numerous scams relating to COVID-19 involving malware, hoaxes, and fraud which are designed to play upon your sense of urgency in obtaining answers. Follow the same computer safety procedures that you were practicing prior to this situation. Do not click on unknown or questionable sites. The official sites for Garfield County, the State of Colorado and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are safe, reliable sources of information. The City of Rifle website (rifleco.org) and social media pages will be continually updated with the latest links.
- Advice from your City water department - The water and wastewater treatment plants are fully functioning and will remain fully operational even if some City offices need to be closed or staff size reduced. There is no need to stock up on bottled water. It is important to note, however, that we are starting to see flushable wipes at the wastewater plant. Even though they say flushable, they are not sewer-plant friendly. If this continues or increases, it may cause problems. Please dispose of all wipes in the trash, not the toilet.
• For more information, please refer to these credible sources:
Update #13 / April 15th @ 5:00pm
For updated information on all City matters, please go to our website, www.rifleco.org or our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Media Contact: Kathy Pototsky, 970-319-8288